Saturday, August 30, 2008

Moxie's closed... (frown)

I know I had read somewhere recently that Moxie's would be closing near the Labor Day weekend, however, I guess I assumed in my mind that they'd be open still today, being the Saturday before Labor Day.  Wrong!  We mistakenly told the kids that we had a surprise for them after dinner and the only hint I gave then was that we were taking them to a place where they could play.  We were all disappointed when we pulled in and saw that they were closed until next Mother's Day.  We ended up stopping at a little corner stand near Bubie's Garage in Poestenkill and enjoyed some hard serve ice cream.  And since the children were looking forward to being able to "play", we took them to Tamarac's playground for a 1/2 hour of play afterward.  The sun was setting, so we decided to stop at Blockbuster and pick up the original Willie Wonka movie.  All in all, despite the lack of fresh homemade ice cream, it was still a very nice evening with the family.  Now off to watch the movie! .....

No comments: