Thursday, August 21, 2008

Carrot Cake

We're having dinner with my brother & sister-in-law this evening and I offered to make a dessert.  I guess baking cakes is sort of my forte this week because it was decided that I would make a carrot cake.  I was anxious to begin my baking this morning as I've never made a carrot cake from scratch.  Several months ago, I found a classic carrot cake recipe in an edition of Taste of Home Magazine and wanted to try it then but never did.  This was the same edition of the magazine where I was introduced to the (now infamous) Layered Mocha Cheesecake and Tiramisu brownies that I've made.  The cream cheese frosting is very creamy; perfect for smoothing on the cake but not very good to work with for decorating the cake with borders, etc.  I'm pretty happy with the way the cake came out.  I just hope it tastes as good as looks!  

5 comments:

Michele said...

ooh- lucky us! Looking forward to being your guinea pig!!!

Debi said...

Great job girl! You are so talented!

Michele said...

to you unlucky souls who didn't get to try it...it was even better tasting than it looked!
yum!

Beth - said...

Aww... thanks for your comments and kind words! I was VERY pleased with the taste, as well. This will definitely go in my list of top desserts to make!

grandma said...

Your carrot cake looks awesome!!

What's this I read about the Tiramisu
Brownies? I don't remember eating any Tiramisu brownies...what's up with that?