Friday, August 15, 2008

Boob Cake ***CAUTION - Not for little eyes!


So here was my "project" for the day.  Yes, you read the title correctly, I made a "Boob" cake.  And despite a slightly collapsed left breast (there were issues after getting it out of the pan), I would say that it almost met my expectations.  I underestimated the amount of flesh toned frosting I'd need, and wasn't able to create an upper chest area and slight shoulder line for the straps to rest on.  But despite this, (and the collapsed breast... did I mention that?) I think it looks pretty good.  All complete with a heart "tattoo" that reads the guest of honor's name and a sexy bra to go with it!  This project came about after talking with my friend, who's husband is hosting a bachelor party tomorrow night that hubby will be going to.  The food will be BBQ style and I offered to make something for hubby to bring.... aha!  How about a cake?  And not just ANY cake, of course... something appropriate for the occasion.   I hope the guys like it! 


6 comments:

Tonya said...

That looks awesome....deflated boob and all! I think the guys will love it!! Thanks again...I will see you tonight.

Morgan said...

All I have to say is, you are awesome! haha This cake is hysterical and it looks perfect!

Beth - said...

Thanks! I know... you all probably think I have too much time on my hands! It was actually pretty easy to make. The mixing of the colors was the most difficult part! I guess it was a hit with the guys last night, and the "entertainment" enjoyed it as well!

Michele said...

It's official. I have now seen it all. I take it this is what you were looking for a pumpkin cake pan for?? Martha Stewart would be proud- I think. ha! I showed my boss- He wanted to know if you have ever done a cake for a bachelorette party, which lead me to wonder, what the heck kinda cake pan would you need for that??? ha! You are just amazing.

Beth - said...

Michele,
Nope.... never done one for a Bachelorette party, however, if I did, I'd probably use a regular sheet cake pan and "shape" it into the main portion of the cake and then use a small ball pan for the rest of the cake's shape! Who knows... maybe that will be in my future if one of your other sisters-in-law gets married! Thanks for your comment!

KaraBoo said...

Hello, just wanted to say that cake looks amazing! You did such a good job and I'm hoping to do the same... which comes to my main reason for leaving a message...

What recipe did you use? Or better yet, how did you make it? Step, by step? (hehe). I'm a lousy baker, but am really wanting to make it for my friends birthday on Tuesday. It's kind of like guilt baking, since I turned him down and wanted to treat him to something well, nice. I would appreciate so much if you could help me out with this!

Thanks for your time,
Kara.