Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Another update on baby:

Today I had another ultrasound and appointment with the midwife and Mom L was able to join Emily and I for the visit.  It was nice to see the baby again on the monitor and No..... we are STILL not finding out the baby's gender!  ;-)So basically everything looks good.  The technician said that the heartbeat was normal and all of the baby's limbs/organs looked good.  They estimate the baby's weight to be 2 lbs., 13 ozs. today, which puts our little peanut in the 41st percentile.  The due date is still unchanged (5/19/09) and the baby's head was down.  I visited with the midwife after the ultrasound who indicated that all of my bloodwork is "right down the middle for values" so basically, I'm average!  I'm down to scheduling appointments with the midwife/doctors now for every two weeks.  The picture below is of the baby's face (although it's probably hard to tell for most people).  The forehead and eyes are to the right of the image and the nose and mouth are toward the center from the right.  The blurry spot in the middle of the image is an arm that was sort of crossed over part of the face.  At one point, we could see the baby opening and closing it's mouth, which was neat!

3 comments:

LissaNY said...

Maribeth, so good to hear things are going great! The room looks really nice. With the mention of your appointment, who did you end up going to? Back at the beginning you were having issues with Seton. Did you go back to the first docs?

Beth - said...

Melissa,
I ended up going to a new set of docs altogether and I'm actually seeing a midwife now. The practice is located in downtown in the Troy medical arts building. They have rights at Samaritan and St. Peter's Hospital. Since I've been working per diem at Samaritan I get my copay waived if I deliver the baby there. I know some of the nurses and it's much closer than St. Peter's so I think it will all work out. So far, I've been pretty happy with this new practice and my midwives are really great. They seem to spend more time with me than any of the docs ever did. 11 more weeks to go! :)

Debi said...

Great ultrasound! Glad things are moving right along for you & the baby!