Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Baby Names and such ....

To my disappointment, my doctor's office called yesterday morning and cancelled my appointment for the afternoon. After some difficulty and frustration, they were able to "squeeze" me in for my first prenatal visit on Oct. 10th. I must admit, besides the disappointment I felt, I'm also worried now about my decision to switch doctors. It was a necessary evil to switch since my former OBGYN docs don't even have hospital privileges at St. Mary's Hospital. But the cancellation concerns me, especially after a friend of mine mentioned a few weeks ago that she had issues with the office consistently cancelling her OB appointments when she was pregnant with her last child. I guess I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and try it for a couple of months, but I don't want to get too far into this pregnancy feeling a lack of confidence in the medical care I'll be getting.

So on to a happier note..... in thinking of our future arrival yesterday, I spent a half hour or so searching online for baby names. While on vacation this summer we compiled a list of baby names (mostly girls, though) from a geneology database that Tim's Uncle and Aunt have been working on (Thanks Dean & Laura!), and I thought I'd look for some other names last night. Here are some of the names I like so far (in no particular order):
Boys - Aaron, James, Evan
Girls - Anabel, Evalyn, Charlotte, Sarah, Adeline (pronounced with the long "I" sound), Juliet, Sonia

5 comments:

LissaNY said...

Maribeth-
I went to the St. Mary's OBG/midwives while pregnant with Kate, and made the decision to leave them. There were a couple of issues with them, including canceling of appointments and one very serious issue. I switched to the OBG you were with with Alex, and was happy with them. I REALLY loved my midwives in Bennington though, and the Bennington hospital was awesome. Maybe they are within a reasonable distance to your new house?

It is up to you whether you want to know our issues with St. Mary's, but feel free to call, and I will fill you in.

Tonya said...

It was nice to catch up with you last night! Try not to worry about the OB office. It will all work out in the end. PS..I like the names!!

Debi said...

Sorry your appointment was canceled but good to give them the benefit of the doubt. Love the name choices too!!!

Unknown said...

Very nice names. I liked Charlotte, too, but it was just too similar to Charlie. BTW, I think just about every bottle company has/is coming out with BPA free bottles now, if you are still worried about that.

xmas said...

Hmmm....I never had an appointment canceled, but if I made an appointment on a day that my midwife was on call they told me that it might be canceled if someone went into labor. What if you ask when you make the appt. if the person with whom you're making the appointment is on call that day....if that makes sense.

I know someone who had her kids in Bennington and she loved it! She can't have any successive babies there because their insurance has changed, so maybe not everyone who is out-of-state can, but maybe you should look into it like lissany suggested...