Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Looking for opinions

I've spent hours looking online for decorating ideas for the nursery (mostly viewing others' ideas on www.roomzaar.com), and I really like the idea of using vinyl lettering on the wall.  My current vision is to have the crib & a ledge shelf centered on the longest wall in the room.  Below the shelf will be a monogram of the baby's first initial along with the first name written in a different color & font over it (see photo from roomzaar.com at left).  Then I want to place a phrase on the wall above the shelf.  My question is, do you think that this font is too girly for a boy? (see below) 
I plan to use the same font for the phrase text and the baby's first name (like shown in the picture to the left).  But since we don't know if it's a boy or girl, I need to make sure that whatever text I use is suitable for both.  Also, which phrase do you like the most for both genders?

Let them be little ...
Play, Laugh, Giggle ...
A dream is a wish your heart makes ...
We made a wish and you came true ...

Honest Opinions/comments  (even if they're negative)?

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Beth,

I love your ideas!

Here is a great site that I found with a bunch of different quotes.
http://www.vinylattraction.com/shop/home.php?cat=128

In my opinion - I think that font that you chose is beautiful, but yes, it might be a little on the feminine side...

Good luck!!

Debi said...

I like the idea of the lettering! I like the font too!