Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Change is in the air.....

Yesterday was an historic day for our country, as we elected our first African American President.  And although I didn't vote for Barack Obama, I hope that he make decisions for our country that will not negatively impact our own futures.  

So it seems as though change is upon us, and for my family, in more ways than just one.  Today I accepted a position as a per diem PTA with the Samaritan Hospital Physical Therapy department.  I absolutely love being a stay at home mom and, particularly with the impending arrival of a new family member, am looking forward to hopefully continuing to stay at home with my children.  Although I did miss working with patients over the last year, my primary motivation in searching for work has been a financial one.  Extra income from this position will afford us a bigger cushion to our budget and allow us to live a little more stress-free (in the money department).  I anticipate that I'll mostly be working Saturday and Sunday mornings, but not every weekend, and possibly some hours during the week while Emily is in school.  

No comments: